These are very detailed block diagrams showing all functional
units & controls on just a few A4 sheets which you can
print/laminate as required.
Use as a reference for learning how the synth works,
programming/patching, or for manually documenting patch settings
without a computer.
Potential for automating patch settings with MIDI link &
VBA programming (contact me for SyD source files if reqd.)
Please note I have no connections with the synth designers.
The diagrams are my own interpretations of the manuals. I
welcome feedback but accept no responsibility for
Guidelines are included on the Main SyD
- a synth program
needs 1 Main & 1 or 2 Timbre SyDs
- a vocoder program
needs 1 Main & 1 Vocoder SyD.
Low-res pictures for previewing: Main
High-res bmp files for printing; all 3 SyDs (v22): exe
- List of all Shift commands such as Write-Protect, Init
- List of DWGS waveform names & numbers
- List of Vocoder frequencies & bands
Some things clarified by the SyDs (to me at least):-
- Osc-2 tuning is relative to Osc-1 so tune Osc-1 first
- There is only one Mod FX, Delay & EQ for both Timbres
- How the vocoder processes the audio input
- The internal differences between the 2 LFOs
- Only LFO-2 can be a patch destination (and then only if
Tempo Sync is off)
- LFO-1 is hard-wired to Control-2 on Osc-1
- LFO-2 is hard-wired to the Mod Wheel (which explains why the
Mod Wheel affects an initialised program - Vibrato Intensity
is initialised to 5!)
- Just how much functionality Korg packed into this lap-top
These are just a taster to show current progress; they are not
yet finished or verified. High-res bmp files will only be
published when the set is completed.
Low-res first draft pictures for previewing (v12): Osc